Months ago I started and finished a project, GBAATM-Rebirth.
This tool is a GameBoy Advance rom patcher with a GUI written in C++ using QT frameworks.
The issue for me was to compile and generate a compiled version for Windows and OSX other and Linux automatically.
So I started a discussion on Reddit to get inspiration and maybe other projects that do what I need.
After a lot of testing, releases and issues with GitHub actions I did.
You can find the workflow here but let me explain some steps here.
- Generate a zip package for every OS
- Upload that zip as release based on the tag
- On Linux, it was simplest
- On Windows, require a specific compiler version
- Also use specific commands to generate the package
- Include some DLL or doesn’t work in the package
- On OSX, use a specific command to generate the binary