Finally a new major version of the boilerplate that in meanwhile scored 70 star on GitHub, for me is an important reward for my work.
I was think about an announcement in the last news about the stability of the boilerplate but in the last month I thinked about the organization of the WordPress Plugin Boilerplate.
So the new release contain an improved organization and code moved to specific files to improve the readability and working.
- Added Unit test
- Added example for transient with external request
- Improved PHPDoc comment
- Improved code for shortcode and filter
- Fixed Apigen and git hook
- Moved code in class-admin-plugin-name.php in dedicated files
- Moved activaction and deactivation on specific file in public/includes
- Moved help-docs in admin/includes
The interesting part is the Apigen generation that didn’t work from 6-7 months so I updated the command and now is perfect, look on that.
I added the Unit test files and improved some snippet and the PHPDoc comments that in some cases are not updated or wrong.
For the Yeoman generator I improved the detection on OSX system of sed/gnused to use the correct behaviour in that system.
See you the next time!